The Colonnade is a 400,000 square foot retail development located in Patton Township, Centre County, PA.
The development is located adjacent to Atherton Street (SR 3014), Waddle Road, Lowes Boulevard and Route 322 exit ramps to Waddle Road. A Traffic Impact Analysis was initially completed to confirm the sufficiency of the existing interchange diverge ramps at Waddle Road as well as a number of intersections within the environs of the site to accommodate the anticipated traffic demand. Following the completion and approval of the TIS, highway design plans for the widening of Atherton Street for a length of more than 2,000 feet were completed. Originally approved for construction as a privately funded project, federal funding became available that made it necessary to acquire all approvals as if it were a PennDOT funded project.
Wooster Engineering Design Services
- Preparation of the Traffic Impact Study
- Preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E) package in accordance with PennDOT procedure
- PennDOT Design Field View protocol
- PennDOT Safety Review protocol
- PennDOT Special Provisions Preparation
- PennDOT Constructability Review protocol
- Providing coordination between the developer, Patton Township, and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation throughout the preliminary and final design stages
- Providing coordination and design services with private utility companies
- Providing preliminary and final construction cost estimates during the design review phases and final approval process