Lincoln Place is a suburban retail center located along Route 30 within Hempfield Township in Westmoreland County, PA. The development site is on the main commuter artery that links Greensburg and the eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh.
Route 30 is a heavily utilized commercial corridor. Existing peak hour operational characteristics are poor, with considerable delays along the corridor within the environs of the proposed development. Challenges were overcome by working with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and private property owners to develop a mitigation strategy that satisfied the requirements of the Department and minimized the impacts to adjacent properties.
Wooster Engineering Design Services
- Preparation of the Traffic Impact Study
- Preparation of the Highway Occupancy Permit Plans, Roadway Construction Plans and Plan Specifications
- Preparation of the Traffic Signal Permit Plan for South Greengate Road
- Major improvements were designed for two critical roadways within the study area: North Greengate Road and South Greengate Road
- Preparation of the Right-of-Way plan required to widen Route 30, South Greengate Road and North Greengate Road
- South Greengate Road was widened from its current two-lane cross section to a five-lane cross section at its intersection with Route 30 to accommodate the development